Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Parables of Jesus Parable of the Prodigal Son drawing by Bertram Poole


Parables of Jesus Parable of the Prodigal Son artwork Bertram Poole

This illustration shows the bedraggled son leaving the pigs and dark world he had fallen into by returning to his father who receives him joyfully at the foot of The Cross where real life begins.

“When he finally came to his senses, he said to himself, ‘At home even the hired men have food enough and to spare, and here I am, dying of hunger!  I will go home to my father and say, “Father, I have sinned against both heaven and you, and am no longer worthy of being called your son. Please take me on as a hired man.”’
“So he returned home to his father. And while he was still a long distance away, his father saw him coming, and was filled with loving pity and ran and embraced him and kissed him. (Luke 15) (Illustration inspired by various artists) I am developing this sketch further.

No comments:

Post a Comment